WIP: The Sweater


Cascade 220 Sweater, originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.

My first adult sweater! And it's totally custom-fit! It's bottom-up, knit in the round, somewhat following Elizabeth Zimmerman's percentage system for a circular yoke sweater from Knitting Without Tears. I'm adding waist shaping and bust short rows using math worksheets from Big Girl Knits, and I've also consulted the yoke sweater tips from Sweater Design In Plain English. The yoke patterns are my own designs, and you'll just have to wait to see them. :)
I don't know if I'll publish the full instructions, since I'm not sure how many people are interested in making a sweater in my size, but I'll certainly do a post on custom fitting, and I'll publish the colorwork charts.
Oh, yeah. Cascade 220, size 6 for ribbing, size 7 for body.

Comments

Alicia said…
So let's get this straight, first ever adult sweater, custom knitting to fit, loosely based on a couple of different books. You're awesome!
loopette said…
Now, now, Alicia. We ALL know how much of a genius Amy is on the needles. Are you surprised???

Amy, it looks GREAT so far! Can't wait to see your yoke.

Nicki ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Rose of England Mosaic