Weekend Spinning Wrap-Up!

I think I've finally recovered from the weekend. I had a migraine most of Thursday night and Friday. By the time it was over, I missed dinner with one of Bryan's college roommates who was in town, and ended up needing to get the car detailed. (AJ in San Jose does a good job, BTW.) Who ever thought it was a good idea to put nasty mint flavoring in migraine meds? Blech. It's time to switch since the Maxalt quits working after a few hours anyway.

Saturday was spinning at Mary's. I worked on spinning up my Crosspatch Creations batt (yay, more long-draw!) Lisa made and plied her first yarn on Mary's wheel! I really love seeing people learn to spin. I taught a drop spindle class a couple of weeks ago and it was so much fun! I love beginner yarn! I never make it anymore, probably because I'm obsessed with predrafting!


Here's the finished yarn. I had fun spinning this, but it had a little bit of a tacky/sticky feel. There was a fair amount of vegetable matter, but it fell out easily during spinning. 3-ply, 4 oz, about 250 yds. Around a worsted weight. I'll probably use it as accent yarn in a garment someday.


Sunday was my 3rd wedding anniversary. Bryan got me Deborah Newton's book Designing Knitwear and a Manfrotto 484RC2 ball head (the one with the quick-release). I'm so glad I got the quick-release!. I used the ball head with my Gorillapod SLR-Zoom to take those yarn shots. Here's a setup pic. You can see the most recent incarnation of my "$10 macro photo studio" from the Strobist tutorial. In this case, it was free. I already had all the supplies on hand. Except poster board. I need to remember to buy poster board!

I got Bryan the new Mario Kart for the Wii. It's really fun cause when you tilt the controller in the turns, something actually happens. I had a really ingrained habit of doing that while playing the SNES version, which just made my in-laws laugh at me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes