More Self-Striping Sock Yarn!
My first time mixing Jacquard acid dyes. :) Primaries are Yellow Sun and Sky Blue. I love how it looks in the skein, but I'm not sure how I'll like the stripes. The green and blue-green are awfully similar. Maybe I'll do the same colors as a variegated yarn next time. I wrapped the sub-skeins for dyeing on a PVC device like this.
Here's mine. For this yarn, I only used 4 arms (4 colors). I did the actual dyeing on the stove, with each sub-skein in a large Mason jar in a waterbath in my big Ikea pot. The colors came out a little semi-solid, probably because of the cramped jars and my laziness in stirring.
Here's a little more info on building the PVC device. You'll need 14 pieces that are about 3", 6 pieces that are 18", 6 pieces that are 16", 12 pieces that are about 8" and 2 pieces that are about 6". You'll also need 4 elbow pieces and 18 T pieces.
On the knitting front, I've got just a few (very long) rows left on the Circular Cape from VLT. I still don't know if it will block out to be big enough, but I'm hopeful.
I've just started the Ruffled Roses scarf by Annie Modesitt. The tape yarn is interesting, and I LOVE Misti Alpaca Worsted. It might be my favorite yarn. At the same time I got the materials for Ruffled Roses, I stocked up on Kureyon for my Lizard Ridge. 6 more skeins! Woot! You can see them here if you're curious.