Handspun Singles from Tactile Batt

I've finished the first of two bobbins of singles from the Tactile batt I got at Stitches. It's a really nice blend, but I could do without the silk noil since I decided it wanted to be laceweight.

Fiber details: 2 oz February in Tacoma batt.
53% Alpaca, 25% Merino/Bamboo, 11% BFL, 3% Tussah silk, 3% yak down, 3% silk noil, and 2% angora.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/buxtrosion/2299346742/


This fiber's been really fun to spin so fine since it has so many components. It never gets boring. Since I wanted the singles thin and even, I used a short draw for more control and to more closely examine the yarn. I didn't smooth the yarn with the forward hand like I would for true worsted spinning.

Comments

Brooke said…
This turned out beautiful! Next time I'll make you one without the noil!

Popular posts from this blog

Rose of England Mosaic

Pokemon Halloween costumes