Cat Purse Cricut Project



I found the template and instructions for the purse base at See Kate Sew. I used Cricut brand metallic leather (rose gold). It takes 2 sheets but there is enough left over for some bracelets. I used the strong grip mat (smooth side of leather down) and the deep cut blade+housing. I used the setting for that material. It goes over each cut 3-4 times. It worked perfectly.
I had already downloaded this super cute free kitty face SVG here. I just resized it to fit the purse template. I used a mix of regular, "electric", and glitter Easyweed HTV. The bow is cut from the Cricut brand felt with the rotary cutting blade. I've learned it's better to use the "felt, acrylic" setting than the setting that corresponds to the Cricut brand felt.
My old Janome Jem Gold didn't have any trouble with the leather. I don't have a walking foot or Teflon foot or anything. I used a leather needle and regular thread. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes