Yarn in Progress: Lorna's Laces

Bobbin 1, originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.

Working on the Lorna's Laces top I got when Knitting Arts closed.  I'm planning on a 3-ply sock yarn.  Sorry about the flash.  It's ludicrously dark in the house, even with a 5-bulb lamp right above the spinning wheel.  I'm spinning in the bobbin lead configuration, so it's a little less easy to pop out the bobbin for photos.  I've been on a bit of a spinning kick lately.  I taught Rachel's son's girlfriend spindling at last month's spin-in, taught a spindling class last weekend, and taught Kool-Aid dyeing this afternoon.

This top is the last of my fiber stash!  Someone bought the Chasing Rainbows merino-tencel I had been eying at work, so I looked up the colorways and there are over 40!  Plus so many fiber blends! 
I also think I'm in the mood for undyed fiber.  I want to buy a couple pounds of wool for a sweater. I'm tempted to start doing some prep myself as well, but I don't want to take too much time away from designing.  I think I'll soon be getting a set of handcards or mini combs and some of our roving samplers to try some color blending.  That sounds a lot less intense than starting with a fleece (especially a dirty one).  
I feel like I'm on the verge of a lot of projects.  I want to order a Hanne Falkenberg kit during the trunk show, and I may be making a sweater out of Claudia's Silk Lace (size 0 needles!) soon.
Prioritizing is hard.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes