Surgery Update

My husband had orthognathic surgery last week to fix his open bite. Now he has a bunch of screws in his head. I saw the x-rays. The surgery went fine, but I've been busy trying to feed him 6-8 liquid meals every day. I don't know why I thought I'd have time to knit! I finished the Dream in Color Shrug at the hospital last week and talked to a couple of nurses about knitting. In the surgery waiting room I talked to a really outgoing quilter who was doing some hand sewing to finish a machine quilted piece. It was really cute. The quilting was done in a fancy heart pattern that was programmed into the machine. There was also a nun crocheting something, but she didn't join the conversation.
I made some progress on the Lady's Cape and Catriona, but I forgot to bring extra balls of yarn. I decided on a needle size for the socks I'm working on, though. 1 1/2 were too small and 2 1/2 were too big. I got some 2 (2.75mm) and I think they'll be perfect. After we got home I got to the halfway point on the cape edging. I've set everything else aside to work on a shop sample that was stuck at the swatching stage for a little while.
I'll be back at work this week, and I should be back to social knitting soon. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of the shrug tomorrow, assuming I don't change my mind on the arm seam lengths again.

Comments

Mari said…
Hope he is feeling better soon.
Knit - R - Done said…
I hope your husband mends quickly. At least you can harrass him about having screws loose in his head someday. (Or maybe I'm the only mean wife left.)
Teenuh said…
Hope he feels better soon. I know my screws still excite dentists on xrays 20 years later. They get all interested in them.
Anonymous said…
Best wishes to him for a speedy and uneventful recovery! I know that this has been a long time coming.

Popular posts from this blog

Free Sock Pattern: Rudy Got Sole

Rose of England Mosaic