Sock Design/Resizing Resources

Here's some stuff I found while answering sizing questions on the Rudy socks. I'm probably going to add at least 1 smaller size to the pattern. I did most of the math for somebody yesterday, but I'll still need to put it in a consistent format and maybe test the heel turn. All this information is for socks with a heel flap.

  • Heel math for socks between 40 and 80 stitches around (in 4-stitch increments)- From socknitters.com. Has numbers for 6 heel types- v heel, round heel, rounder heel, square heel, modified square heel, & strap heel. Also explains how to get those numbers
  • Knittinggeek.com has examples of what those turns look like here.
  • Generic sock recipe from Knitty Gritty (good for beginners).
  • Illustrated beginner's guide to the tricky parts.
I've used fleegle's lace yarn spreadsheet a LOT recently. I just discovered that our meetup group's own Suzi has a list of sock yarns arranged by meters/100g. This is really useful for suggesting substitutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon Halloween costumes