FO: Lamb by Susan B. Anderson

044

I've been wanting to make this little guy since Itty Bitty Toys was published several years ago. I love the pompadour hairdo! I was never quite sure what yarn I'd use for the body until we received the Rowan Purelife Sheep Breeds Fine Boucle at the shop a few weeks ago. This is a newer yarn that is thinner than the original Rowan Sheep Breeds Boucle (which I am not familiar with). Many people on Ravelry used the thicker Rowan boucle, but thought it was a bit too thick. This one worked out perfectly. This colorway is Masham stripe, with subtle stripes of the different natural colors of the Masham sheep. That's a breed I'd never heard of before!
The yarn for the legs and head is Blue Sky Cotton, and the whole thing is done on size 4 needles.
016

The legs are i-cord stuffed with drinking straws so the lamb can stand up on surfaces that aren't too slippery. I'm going to try sticking coffee stirrers through the straws and into the body to give more support so it can stand up on the tables at the shop. It was really fun and easy to make and very easy to sew together. Each piece is done seamlessly in the round or as i-cord, and the boucle texture hides any minor uneveness in the whipstitches use to attach the pieces to the body. I'll be teaching a class on this project several times this month.

Comments

Sue said…
The sheep is so adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon Halloween costumes