FO: Asian Asymmetry Tee

Asian Asymmetry teeAsian Asymmetry tee FO

Asian Asymmetry is a top from Knit Kimono Too. I can't see myself wearing any of the kimono in the book, but there are several very cute tees and tanks! The book comes with a DVD, and I still have no idea what's on it.

This top has fake overlapping fronts. It's really just a v neck with a narrow band of trim sewn on. Bryan thinks it looks very Starfleet. :P
It is absolutely imperative that the top be on a mannequin or human when the neck trim is being pinned into place. It really won't sit right otherwise.

Asian Asymmetry Edging

I did some modifications on the body. I worked the first and last stitch in regular rib instead of twisted to make seaming easier. The body was written as an a-line shape, but I changed it to an hourglass shape. I made the body a little bit longer than called for. Some of this was due to a row gauge issue.
The sleeves came out pretty wide, but it isn't really noticeable unless I point it out. I'd rather have them too big than too tight for something to wear to work.

The yarn I used was Crystal Palace Panda Silk DK. It can be a little splitty, but overall I really like it. I bought a full bag of it quite some time ago when it showed up at the shop by mistake (wrong color). I was concerned I might run out of yarn, but it looks like I have a full ball left over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye