Finished Yarn: Handspun Silk


Handspun Silk, originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.

At Mary's last Saturday I finished up 450 yards of handspun silk singles, about fingering weight. Fiber (2 oz) from Heritage Arts booth at Kid 'n Ewe 2006. I'm fairly sure it's bleached Tussah. It was pretty fun to spin, with a manageable number of neppy bits and just a couple of pupa shell bits.

Once again I ended up spinning finer than I had in mind. I like to pet the hand dyed silk singles yarns in shops, most of which are fairly thick. I don't think they wear very well, though. If I'm going to make something intentionally delicate, I want to do it in finer yarn. I ended up spinning this just thick enough to get that fluffy shiny look that you see in thicker silk singles.

Comments

spinnity said…
Wow, that skein looks *great*. Dig the shine. Can't wait to see what it becomes!

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes