Traveling Stitch Swatch


Traveling Stitch Swatch, originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.

I finally got to go to a Knitspiration guild meeting! The topic for this month was traveling stitches. This swatch will go in the big pile of collected squares (not actually square) for charity blankets. This is the stitch pattern that Mary brought in from the book Bauerliches Stricken 3. I finally worked out a method of swapping the order of stitches that worked for me. I just used the right needle tip to grab the stitch that needed to be worked next, from the front or from behind depending on which stitch was going in front, pulled the left needle tip out of that stitch and the one it's trading with (leaving 1 stitch off the needles completely), and putting those 2 stitches back on the left needle so they are ready to be worked in the new order.

Comments

Bogie said…
Looks great! I wish I could have stayed for the meeting but I wasn't feeling well that evening. Darn!

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes