Thursday, December 27, 2007

FO: Broad Street Mittens


Broad Street Mittens, originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.

I finished Bryan's Broad Street Mittens just in time for X-más.  I've been corrected- the boyhood Lego sets with the similar color scheme in fact belonged to the 92-93 Space Police II series. The pattern didn't give me as much trouble as I feared.  I wouldn't recommend it to beginners, though, as it's not very detailed about the construction.  I plan on posting some labeled photos to show how the parts all fit together in the final product.  
My only real modification was to stop the thumb decreases and thread the tail through the remaining stitches when 10 or 11 stitches were left.  Otherwise, I ended up with a really pointy thumb!
The other big clarification is that "K3, INC 1" in the cuff increases means K3, KFB (or whatever you choose), and not K3, M1.
I believe I ended up with too many stitches after following the directions for the last round of the mitten flap, but I just did one more decrease round until I ended up with 4 stitches for the I-cord.
It wasn't hard to reverse the directions for the other hand.  Email me if you want my notes on that.  
Ravelry details here.

1 comment:

Teenuh said...

Oh awesome mittens. Beautiful choice in colors too, I need to get some of Margit's yarn when I either earn it or stop having to pay Kristi $5 for sock yarn purchases!