Star Wars sews: Sweetheart/Cassie and Halla Stardust


I made the Halla Stardust tunic length color blocked top first, as a possibility for using with the more expensive/limited stormtrooper fabric. First I made the size 22, but I took it all apart and recut as a 20. It's pretty good now, but 18 with a FBA and grading out at waist would probably be better. I'm lazy though. I found out that Halla uses a 2" difference between upper bust and full bust for all sizes (like traditional paper patterns). I love that P4P and M4M draft for a bigger difference in the larger sizes. It seems like that would work for much more people. (But if you are plus size with a smaller bust, Halla might be perfect for you!) I am curious about trying more options in the Stardust, but will try it in cheap fabric first. I may also go back and take in the hips to get more of an hourglass shape in the center panel. The color blocking lines are straight, but it's designed to have negative ease in the bust and hips to make the lines curve on the body.

Sweetheart dress bodice from P4P, with Knitorious rainbow stormtrooper fabric for the front and a regular neckband. I used the M4M Cassie half circle skirt with pockets instead of the full circle from the Sweetheart. I still have plenty of the stormtrooper knit left for an outfit for my son. I made the dress to wear on Halloween when he wears his stormtrooper costume. He wanted me to be Captain Phasma this year, but that's not happening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes