Sweetheart Peplum top and Xpress Tank


Sweetheart Peplum top-
I'm working up to making a dress with a circle skirt for a really special "round" of fabric from Rikipedia. I'm trying to decide what bodice style to make. I assumed I'd make the Sweetheart, but I wanted to try it in something else to check the fit since I think I to size up in custom C/L after what happened with my last Sweet Tee. But of course I don't have any custom CL I want to risk on an experiment, lol. I had some Refined Ponte from JoAnn and realized that the peplum top version would go great with the pencil skirts I never wear because I don't know what to wear them with. Some people said to size up with this fabric too. I had some extra room in shoulders, sleeves, and under the bust, so I'd probably want to go back to my regular size and do a FBA to one size up. I also lowered the neckline quite a bit. Overall it's more of a success than I thought it was going to be before I hemmed it. I didn't realize I needed to take in the waist before I cut the skirt part, and I can't make the skirt waist smaller without cutting a whole new skirt.
Still not sure what I'll do for the dress I'm planning. Maybe a crossover bodice like Isabel or Sunshine. I love my Isabel/Cassie mashup (actual wrap dress with a half circle skirt. I'd do a faux wrap and full circle for this project.)

Xpress tank and Super G- Greenstyle

Super G capris in my Zenith & Quasar athletic bundle (heavy supplex and YSS). These worked great in my measured size. I didn't realize the gusset pattern piece is over a yard in length (my last pair was shorts), so I had to shorten it a little bit for these. I made the side pocket version this time. It's so easy and the pockets are big enough for my gigantic phone.
Xpress tank in Phee "circular knit". I chose this fabric because other people have used it and left it unhemmed.  (It's a loooong hem.) When I tried it on, there was a lot of gaping at the armhole that tweaking the shoulder seams didn't really help that much. I decided to hem it to see if that would help, and it helped a ton. After hemming, though, the back doesn't drape quite as nicely as I'd like. I wish I had a coverstitch machine. I'm also considering a small swayback adjustment. The main problem is I think I need a size smaller in the shoulders, but I have no idea how I'd do a FBA with this design. There are no side seams. I got some ABP-type fabric at JoAnn that I can play around with. I might try the Greenstyle Tie Back Tank instead since it is more structured and has side seams. I could also band the neck and arms and leave the back and bottom unhemmed or rolled hem/serged for more drape there. I might also try the tulip back version of the Xpress.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye