First Sew of 2018- Ragdoll Raglan


Patterns For Pirates Ragdoll Raglan in slub rib poly/rayon/spandex knit from JoAnn. When this pattern was first released I didn't really think I needed it until I realized it would make a great warmup top for the gym. It's a dolman/raglan hybrid with the option for an open back.
This fabric is really soft but the magenta color bled really badly during prewashing. I hope it is ok now! It was part of my Black Friday sale haul.
I used a thumbhole cuff tutorial that I found on a random blog. This isn't the official P4P thumbhole tutorial that comes with the add-on pack for the other raglans.
I used a twin needle on my sewing machine to hem the back opening pieces. I highly recommend using wash away hem tape to help stabilize.
Update: of course I spilled chicken grease all over my shirt while wearing it for the first time. I used Dawn to get the stain out (eventually, after 3 washes). I used Color Catchers and didn't see any bleeding of the red color.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye