FO Roundup: Lacy Tanks/Tees

Whoops! I accidentally a whole year!
Here's some stuff I made. Unfortunately I don't remember all the exact details of issues I may have had/modifications I made.

093

Seaglass Shell from Interweave Knits Summer 2012, design by Daniela Nii.
Yarn: Madelinetosh Pashmina in Norway Spruce, 3 skeins for 3rd size.
I ran into some problems that required some minor fudging at the shoulders for my size. The serious problem was how enormous the hips run in this design. I was devastated when I tried the FO on and it looked horrible. I had to unseam a few inches of the front and back and then rip them out from the cast on edge for several inches to get rid of the excess fabric, then knit straight down and cast off again. It worked and looks great now. For anyone who isn't extremely pear-shaped, just cast on fewer stitches on all pieces to begin with and skip most of the decreases.

060

Low Tide Cardigan by Tincanknits
Yarn: SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock in Tourmaline, 2 skeins for 40" size (I was supposed to need 3 skeins).
This was fun and easy, interesting construction. I wasn't sure how much I would like the rolled, angled edge, but I do really like it. It looks super cute right now- I'll have to get some modeled photos.

138

Bertie from the Louisa Harding booklet for Colline yarn
Yarn: Louisa Harding Colline in the colors the book called for. I don't remember how much.
It calls for a size 7 needle and the largest size is a 38" finished measurement. Either I knit way looser in this stitch pattern than I thought, or it is stretchier than I thought, because I ended up needing to use a size 6 needle to fit 40-41". I added an extra stripe of each color before the armholes and it is still shorter than I would prefer. Other than that, I love it.

054

Bonnie from Tincanknits
Yarn: Madelinetosh Prairie in Forestry, 1 skein for size ML (about 5" neg ease)
The shoulders are a little wide/unfinished looking, but I'm pretty happy with it overall. I haven't gotten to wear it much at all, so I may have more thoughts later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon Halloween costumes