FO Roundup: Portland Hoodie Cowl, Tardis Socks, Shawl Collared Cowl


Portland Hoodie Cowl

I cranked out this Portland Hoodie Cowl in a couple of days after seeing it pop up on popular new patterns on Ravelry. Really simple and cute! It took 2 skeins exactly of Madelinetosh Tosh Chunky in Tart. I might just have to make another one in Opaline. (The batch we have right now is sooo pretty!) Now I have something for my black t-shirts that don't go with my purple set (more on that in a minute) and I can get some use out of my leather jacket maybe. Usually I just grab an actual hoodie.

Bryan's Tardis Socks

I finally finished the 2nd Tardis sock! More on the pattern and my modifications here.

Shawl Collared Cowl

This was done a long time ago, but I didn't get a pic of the buttons for a long time. It's a Shawl Collared Cowl (another recent Yarndogs favorite) in Misti Alpaca Chunky to go with my purple set- a Capucine hat in Aquarella and Maine Morning Mitts in Road to China. The buttons on the cowl reflect a pretty copper color that goes with the hat.

I'm still cranking along on my Spectra Scarf. It may be time for an in-progress blocking to see how much further I have to go. I was messing around with some 2-at-a-time socks for the first time in ages and of course I had to rip them out and start over because I had the wrong needles. My needle gauge lied! It may have been a little white lie (the next half size up in a different brand still made it through the hole) but still! So I picked up another languishing sock. I also picked up my Siamese mittens for a few rows and I'm about to start a Featherweight Wrap to Knit (really a cardigan, but not the more famous Featherweight Cardigan, but pretty similar) from Dovetail Designs in Blue Heron Bamboo Lace as a shop sample. Bryan's out of town and I've already done some damage at Sur la Table, so I should have plenty of knitting time this weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes