FO Roundup: Triana Ruffle Scarf & Noro Felted Clogs

Katia Triana Scarf
It only took me a few days to jump on the Triana bandwagon when we started carrying it at Yarndogs this fall. It's one of the more interesting ruffle yarns I've seen, with an almost seaweed-like lacy texture. It also has a great feel and sheen. You use the same sort stabby technique as most other ruffle yarns.
For my scarf, I striped 2 rows of solid black with 2 rows of the multicolor red. I used slightly more than half of each ball of yarn, and it took me about 4 hours. It is maybe a little silly and not so practical, but wearing it makes me laugh. It went great with my devil horns on Halloween.

Felted Clogs

I was trying to decide which yarn to use for my own pair of felted clogs when we started carrying a new chunky striping Noro yarn called Hitsuji.
I am a big Noro fan and I liked working with the yarn, but I think I would have liked shorter stripes for this project. Not all the colors showed up in each clog. I needle felted bits and pieces of the other colors onto the clogs after felting.
I have used the Fiber Trends suede bottoms for all 3 pairs I have made so far. It's kind of slippery on hard floors without them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Sock Pattern: Rudy Got Sole

Rose of England Mosaic