FO Roundup: Longhorn Clogs and My First Woven Scarf!

John's Clogs
After I made the Noro clogs for myself, I felt our roommate John (UT MBA) was being left out! I didn't quite finish them in time for his birthday, but it was close. I had a tricky time figuring out how to needle felt the longhorns. I didn't quite trust myself to freehand with unspun fiber or yarn, or even with the kind of template you hold right over the work and sort of fold the loose edges in. I wanted to cut the shapes out from a sheet of felt, but most felt you find in shops is 100% synthetic. Beverly's carried some thick felted wool sheets from Nepal, but not in white. I didn't have much time, so I hand felted my own sheet of Merino felt and cut the appliques from that. John agrees that felted clogs are the best thing ever.

First weaving project
I've been talking about learning to weave for a long time (yay, stashbusting!), and the right time finally came along when Yarnhunter wanted to sell her Knitter's Loom. Here's my first scarf! I need more practice with my selvedges, but I really enjoyed it. It almost feel like it went too quickly and used too little yarn! :P
I still have at least one more scarf's worth of the Regia Hand Dye Effect I used for the weft, and another skein in warm colors. I thought the texture of the yarn would show up a little bit more, but apparently not. I have a lot to learn! I used Cascade 220 Sport for the warp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes