Stitches West Wrap-up

Normally I have a "rule" that I only buy fiber at Stitches West. My fiber stash is pretty big at this point, not to mention all the knitting and designing I should be doing with my own yarn in preparation for Sock Summit! I decided I would buy books this year. In the past, I've missed out on some of the stitch dictionaries I've wanted to buy.

Stitches West 2011 Purchases

This year I snagged Omas Strickgeheimnisse and Twisted-Stitch Knitting from the Yarn Barn booth on Friday morning. Sunday during the lunch break from my lace designing class with Janel Laidman, I scored the last copy of The Haapsalu Shawl from the Village Spinning and Weaving Booth. I also got Heirloom Knitting there.
I bought some handmade buttons similar to these at the Creatively Dyed booth. I think they are very Klimt-y.

Here's the shawl I started in the lace design class.
Lace Design Class Project
I need to keep going at least long enough to see if the way I shoehorned the stitch pattern into the triangle shape is going to look weird or not. If I decide to make the entire shawl, I may go down another needle size. The yarn is some Conjoined Creations Pastimes I got at Purlescence. I rather like it.

All in all, I have a lot more confidence now about my ability to fit stitch patterns into the triangle shape. I hope to come up with something really awesome and scale-y for my Merino/silk sock yarn in the Dagon colorway before Sock Summit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes