Friday, May 15, 2009

WIP: Basic Self-Striping Sock

First one of these is done.


Self-Striping Sock, originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.

For the next one, I'm going to do the peasant heel on 60% of stitches instead of 50%. I'll be writing it up as a basic pattern for self-striping yarn. I'll even throw in multiple sizes! :)
Also, I'm trying to work out the logistics of how I would teach a class on dyeing self-striping sock yarn. The methods I use at home would have to be adapted for space and available equipment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors. Do you finish the 2nd one? It looks comfy. My weekend goal is to get over my dpn intimidation and learn to knit a pair of socks. Which is why I am looking at images of hand knitted socks. -Vi

Anonymous said...

I meant to write "Did you finish the 2nd one?" Silly me, how did that error slip by. Ooops!