Project Roundup: Mermaid, Lizard Ridge, Cat Toys & More!


WIP: Mermaid Sleeve Done!, originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.

The first Mermaid sleeve is finished and set in, and the second is being washed! If you want to see it (and me, lolz) in person, come by the Yarndogs booth at Stitches on Saturday the 28th.


I thought I had finished all the knitting on Lizard Ridge, but I decided to add a 5th strip. The shop had exactly 5 usable colorways that I hadn't used yet! The kitties helped me wash the strips and set them out flat to dry. I'm going to use a light teal shade of Cascade 220 Heathers for the crochet edging.


I finished the felted cat toys from the Tigger Toys kit by Knitwhits. Tina is a local designer. We just got a ton of her kits at Yarndogs. Her designs are so cute! I almost want to have a baby right now just so I can make the Flore hat. (And matching bloomers!!!) The cats fought over the mouse for a minute, then lost interest. The cats are becoming very interesting. Rocky got over his initial shyness and is now constantly trying to get into laps. Ziva demands for us to play with her, but she isn't interested in being petted or sitting with us, unless she's pretty tired. I did wake up this morning with her on my butt. Ziva is supposed to be a lap cat, according to her foster mom. We'll just have to wait and see. They've only been with us for 2 weeks. The weirdest thing about the cats is the amount of noise they make when they chase each other around. I'd always heard that cats don't meow at each other, just at people. Not these cats. Update- since I wrote this draft, we went out and got the brand of treats that Ziva likes. In just a day or two, we've turned her into a bit of a lap cat. Last night Ziva burrowed into the blankets on the couch and hung out in her little cave for a long time while Rocky sat on Bryan.

This is my Knitspiration Guild t-shirt. Spinnity designed it, and I taught a guild workshop on how to do the actual stenciling. I'm pretty tardy in blogging this. Pics of other guild members' shirts (including several with very cute use of paint colors) can be found on their blogs and flickr- Spinnity, Lynne, Janice, and Jasmine.

In completely unrelated news, remember my close encounter with mice on the Caltrain platform in Mountain View? Well, a HUGE rat with a bunch of trash in its mouth walked towards me when we were crossing the street to get to the Phenomenauts show at Slim's a few weeks ago. I think somehow the rodents found out I don't cut their heads off anymore.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye