Monday, May 19, 2008

WIP: Catriona Cabled V-Neck Tank


Catriona WIP, originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.

After defeating the curse of the red project by finishing the Curved Shawl, I immediately cast on for the project (Rav link) I finally decidedto make with my Rowan Pure Wool DK. It's Catriona, a cabled v-neck vest/top thing. I think it's cuter as a top than a vest with something under it. It's a Debbie Bliss pattern from the book for the Rialto line. It was republished in a British magazine, and the pattern is on their website. I LOVE these cables! I'm such a sucker for garter stitch inside cable-y things. The pattern I'm using isn't charted (don't know if the the one in the book is or not), so I charted it. I decided not to convert it to be worked in the round. With this stitch pattern, the wrong side rows are pretty obvious (unless you forget about the garter stitch).

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Looks beautiful! Love LOVE LOVE the color. I smile when I see red knit objects, because I always think of you. :-)

Nicki

Anne said...

Really like the pattern - thanks for including the link.

Baywood Yarns said...

Very cool pattern - can't wait to see it as it goes along...