Simple Stripes Fair Isle socks


Simple Stripes Fair Isle socks
Originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.
Pattern: Simple Stripes Fair Isle Socks from Knitpicks.com
Yarn: Essentials and Simple Stripes from Knitpicks
Needle: Size 1 Knitpicks 32" circular (magic loop, 1 sock at a time)
Methods: cuff-down, unwrapped short row (Sherman) heel, round toe

This was my first foray into two-handed stranded colorwork. The patterned parts were shockingly quick and easy. I suppose my continental practice dishcloth really helped.
I find the round toe really comfortable, but I missed getting to Kitchner. If I were doing this again, I'd probably work the heel on more stitches. The pattern calls for working the heel over 30 stitches for all sizes.

Comments

spinnity said…
Hey! It's you again! I was just poking around the web looking for inspiration for some Fair Isle socks to knit up a weird dyed yarn (my fault) and I found my new friend SpinalCat. Love the socks, and would love to see the pattern if you make it to CA Meetup on Sept 5th!
KnitMensch said…
I like the look of the Sherman heel -- this is the first time I've seen it. Have you ever tried the short-row heel from Simple Socks, Plain and Fancy by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts? I wonder how they compare in ease of use and comfort/fit of the resulting heel. There's a partly-finished sock with the Gibson-Roberts heel on my blog now, if you want to see what it looks like in a sort of worst-case scenario (in that the decreasing and increasing rows are worked in different colors!).
Anonymous said…
I would like to make these socks, but the pattern is no longer being carried on KnitPics (I even called). Would you be willing to share the pattern?
mvogl@comcast.net

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye

Pokemon Halloween costumes