Knucks from Knitty


Knucks from Knitty
Originally uploaded by Buxtrosion.
Knucks pattern from knitty.com. Done in a wool/alpaca blend I had left over from my first attempt at the cabled hat for my brother. I first tried the textured cuff, but it wasn't quite stretchy enough and the crab stitch crochet edging just didn't agree with this yarn. I don't really crochet except for edgings, but I practiced on smooth yarn and it looked fine. When I tried it on the glove, it just looked lumpy.
So I went with a plain ribbed cuff (it's black and fuzzy- really no need to get fancy anyway). Ended up using a plain k1 p1 bind-off. When I tried the sewn bind-off recommend in the pattern, the sewing yarn fell apart! I'm becoming quite picky about the way I cast off, often redoing it several times using different methods. There's no reason to spend hours knitting something only to have an ugly edge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye