SFRs, Power Bra, Endurance Bra attempt 2


Raglan with ruched funnel collar and thumbhole cuffs from add-on pack. Hacked with color block tutorial from Hey June blog. The tutorial seems to be for a shorter length top, so I didn't follow it exactly. I used leftovers from Sly Fox Fabrics Baby French Terry. This was a test of the color blocking before cutting into some custom Cotton Lycra, but I really love the way it turned out.


Greenstyle Creation's new Power Bra from the sew-along. Fabric Fairy supplex (magenta), JoAnn Superflex (black), and Fabric Fairy swim lining and powernet. I had to make some changes to add more support while I was making it.  38F size, drew my own "more coverage" line, but back cut down to 36 size. Two layers of Superflex in the back. Originally I used silicone backed strapping that came in the kit for the straps, (strappy cross back option) but it wasn't supportive enough and white threads of elastic started escaping from the seam. I redid the straps with 3/4" no roll elastic inside and overlapped them at the front join. I also replaced the band elastic with thicker no roll elastic.
It's pretty cute, comfortable, and works for yoga or lifting or hiking. I can't run or jump in it, but that's ok. I will try another one with techsheen inside instead of powernet, the racer back option, and a second layer of supplex as the lining.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye