Sewing roundup- Endurance Bra, Phee Panty Party, 5K Tank


This is the Greenstyle Endurance Bra. I'm pleased that I didn't have any problems with the construction and the finishing looks nice, but it doesn't fit. There was an error in the sizing chart that led me to size up. I'm still wobbling on what cup size to make for my 2nd pair, but it should go a lot faster now that I know what I'm doing. This was my first time working with cut & sew bra foam and fold-over elastic. I was also holding my breath over getting the zipper installed through all those layers, but I had no problems. This project and my recent swimsuit project inspired me to add a new sewing machine to my flock, the EverSewn Sparrow 30!


I'm so pleased with it so far. My old Janome couldn't adjust stitch length or width. The Sparrow has lots of stretch stitches for construction and topstitching. I've used the automatic buttonholes several times already, and used the darning function to fix holes in Sean's blankies. It also has adjustable presser foot tension, which most machines in this price range don't have. 


Some finished makes from the Phee Fabrics Phee-nominal Panty Party sew-a-long. This is all in Phee circular knit. I've been using the Stitch Upon A Time Bunzies pattern for a long time, but this is my first time using their Scrundies pattern (boy shorts version with 1" added to the rise.)  Also made Greenstyle No-Show Thong and SUAT Thondlewear (fully lined hack found in their FB group). The Phee circular knit was highly recommended for the No-Show, but I didn't know that the heathered colors roll more and aren't really suitable. The Scrundies are so amazingly comfortable in the circular knit, though!



Pattern weights made with marble tiles from the hardware store, scrap fabric, and Mod Podge. These are amazing! I found the tutorial in the RockerByeFabrics group on Facebook.



Elliedactyl 5K tank in Marvel Transformer fabric from MK Designs. I've made him a bunch of snug fitting banded tanks for gymnastics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon Halloween costumes