Me Made May: Dany Sweet Tee and Super G Shorts


Sweet Tee from Patterns for Pirates in Game of Thrones cotton/Lycra panels from Made Whimsy and solid from Purpleseamstress. I was planning on incorporating my pink dragon scales from Threaded Candy Customs for long sleeves, but it's almost summer now. I made the same size that I'd made in hacci sweater knit, but it was too tight in CL...really clingy in the back. (It probably would have been ok in a dark color, but the white is not very forgiving.) I took it apart and added a stripe of the teal all the way from sleeve to hip on both sides. (It's a dolman.) It's a little "sportier" than I had in mind with the side stripes, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Super G athletic tights pattern from Greenstyle Creations. I made a quick short, pockless version to check the fit because this is a new designer and new pattern for me. The shape that Greenstyle drafts for is further away from my shape than P4P's, but it wasn't too hard to adjust. The reason I bought this pattern is the gusset that runs horizontally from one calf to the other (in the full length version). It looked easy to sew and obviously was designed as an integral part of the pattern. The optional gusset for the P4P Peg Legs just adds fabric without having you take away any from the leg pieces, which is probably the reason it doesn't fit me right. It is also really fiddly to sew. I'm happy with these Super Gs and I think I'm finally ready to cut into my nice heavy supplex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saying Goodbye