Athletic pegs, Isabel/Cassie dress, cat beds


More athletic Peg Legs, this time the main fabric is the Joann "superflex" which is fairly similar to Supplex. I wanted to test the fit before cutting into my Zenith & Quasar Supplex. I heard that a lot of people size up in that fabric. These are probably a little too big. Because I sized up, the gusset looked horrible and I had to take it out. I also ran out of clear elastic and used cotton swimsuit elastic and it didn't work as well. I took the waistband apart, made it a little smaller, and put clear elastic in and they worked a lot better. Next time I'll try a different gusset shape and cut matching slices out of the leg fabric so adding the gusset doesn't add extra fabric. (In that case the main function of the gusset will be altering the direction of maximum stretch.) The multicolor fabric is Yoga Soft Spandex from Zenith & Quasar. I got a bundle of a yard each of the Yoga Soft Spandex, their solid Heavy Supplex and their multicolor Supplex. Which is enough to make at least a couple pairs of capri-length Peg Legs. The YSS is more slippery than I prefer on its own, but it works for the color blocking.

This dress is Made for Mermaids Isabel wrap dress with the skirt(s) from Cassie. The original Isabel skirt is less twirly. The Cassie is a half circle skirt. This is DBP from So Sew English. This is size "yellow".



From the dress scraps, I made another pair of Bunzies, this time "booty" cut with high waist. I used C/L for the liner and bands.

I had a friend offer to trade some art for cat beds and this is my first prototype of a pattern I found online. It is Rocky-approved! All cats love fleece, pretty much.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Pokemon Halloween costumes