Announcing Out of Step Dyeworks

If you've happened to stumble across this blog since my last post, you may have noticed something new over there! --------->
I've set up my Etsy shop and will be adding more Merino sock and aran weight colorways over the next couple days. I plan on dyeing more self-striping Merino/cashmere/nylon this weekend. You can go here to see what's about to get posted. Today I got great news about a pattern submission I had pretty much forgot about and got recruited for some photo-related craziness out of the blue. I hope I don't disappoint! I feel really scatterbrained, but super excited about all of it! I also got my Dharma Trading Co. order today and have copious amounts of black dye once again. I got small amounts of a few new (to me) primaries to play with. I ordered one of their "pocket digital scales" too. It is way tinier than I even imagined. Pretty cool, though I'm sure most people who need to carry scales around in their pockets probably aren't using them for mixing dyes. It also makes me wonder why the fiber arts supply companies don't carry weighing papers/dishes. I also really want a magnetic stir plate. If anybody has a lab I can break into at night, let me know. ;)

Comments

Maria said…
Amy, your yarns look so great! I'm so happy you've made a go of this. (And jealous, too.) Will yarndogs be selling your yarn?
SpinalCat said…
Thanks! I'm keeping it really, really tiny right now. I figured I'd give it a shot since I had all the permits and licenses in place anyway. Are you going to Stitches this weekend?

Popular posts from this blog

Free Sock Pattern: Rudy Got Sole

Rose of England Mosaic