Saying Goodbye
Yum Yum 6/18/93 - 10/31/08 I am very saddened to tell you that our beloved cat was euthanized yesterday. She was much sicker than we knew. I had her checked into the hospital to try to help her get over a respiratory infection and start eating again. Her vet discovered advanced intestinal cancer on an ultrasound. This is difficult for me because I'd be prepared to do anything to help her, but it was just too late. She had a really good life of 15 years with me, and I think she had a good death. She already had an IV line, so it was quick and peaceful. She was an extremely loving cat, and we miss her very much. It is difficult for us because Yum Yum's situation was so similar to that of Bryan's mom, who passed away in 2007. Unfortunately, we could not spare her from suffering as we did Yum Yum. Anyway, you can see more pictures of Yum Yum here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/buxtrosion/sets/72157608568334063/
Comments
I just found your sweater as I have started it myself. I love yours.
I had a couple of questions.
Could you please tell me how you made the collar all one piece?
Secondly, how long was the back sides of the 3 pieces you have to knit? It looks like 3 squares with the 3 stitch garter on the edges?
I love the style of this sweater.
Thank you,
Judy, Seabrookknitter
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I didn't write down what I did and I don't have the pattern to refer to anymore. Basically for the collar, I followed the instructions as written for the first half. I then worked a row or 2 plain and worked the short rows in reverse. In the first half of the collar, you work fewer and fewer stitches. The short rows are just on the outer edge, they don't go all the way to the inner neck edge. For the second half, the short rows got longer and longer at the same rate. After the short rows, I just kept working until the piece was long enough. I pinned it in place when I got close to being done so I could measure it against the actual garment instead of going by measurements.
I'm not sure what you meant by your second question. I don't recall if the pattern has a schematic or not. If not, the finished lengths can be calculated from the gauge and instructions.