Yum Yum 6/18/93 - 10/31/08 I am very saddened to tell you that our beloved cat was euthanized yesterday. She was much sicker than we knew. I had her checked into the hospital to try to help her get over a respiratory infection and start eating again. Her vet discovered advanced intestinal cancer on an ultrasound. This is difficult for me because I'd be prepared to do anything to help her, but it was just too late. She had a really good life of 15 years with me, and I think she had a good death. She already had an IV line, so it was quick and peaceful. She was an extremely loving cat, and we miss her very much. It is difficult for us because Yum Yum's situation was so similar to that of Bryan's mom, who passed away in 2007. Unfortunately, we could not spare her from suffering as we did Yum Yum. Anyway, you can see more pictures of Yum Yum here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/buxtrosion/sets/72157608568334063/
Revision 10/26/07 : Fixed cuff rib directions. (should be K3, P2. used to say K3, P3) Hi everyone. I've finally finished photography and writing up for my first free pattern. The PDF version is on the sidebar, but I'm including the instructions in this post too. I'd love to get any feedback. Right now the pattern's written at a level assuming some knowledge of sock knitting, but I may add more info and links to basic technique tutorials, especially if requested. The Ravelry page is here . Men’s Sock Pattern By Amy Klimt http://spinalcat.blogspot.com spinalcat@gmail.com Send your favorite rude boy off to work in these subtly checkered socks knit from the top down with a heel flap. Finished Size : 9” foot circumference and 10 1/2” long (customizable) from heel to toe. To fit men’s US shoe size 10 1/2. Yarn : Knit Picks Risata (42% cotton, 39% superwash merino, 13% polyamide, 6% elastic; 196 yd/50g): ash, 3 balls. Needles : Size 1.5 ...
I'd been toying with the idea of starting a Spectra scarf of my own for a long time, and even dreamt about it once, but never quite decided on the right yarn and colorway. After pouring over other people's Ravelry projects , I really fell in love with this one color of Zauberball . Then I realized we had that color on the shelf, the shop started carrying solid colors of Kauni, and we got in an awesome shawl pin that matched the colorway perfectly! Everything fell into place and I started on this very addictive pattern about a week ago. So technically I finished this Mondo Cable Cardi last night and wore it today, but here's a still kinda in progress photo. I am thrilled that we're having another cold spell so I can wear it a lot. I made it in Dream in Color Classy in Gothic Rose. I alternated 3 skeins at a time, 1 row each. That was a little weird at the front neck cast on area, but I managed it with minimal weird floats. It wasn't an issue to keep things fr...
Comments